in the past week…
just a FEW of the personal experiences i have with the Health Service and why i despise them and their FAILURE to care…
- we don’t have access to your scans here – I will get my hands on them and then call you!?
- the receptionist is off on long-term sick – on a voice-mail – the voice-mail of the secretary of the man i need to get through to!
- my GP openly admits to having no idea how to begin treating my back -either lower back pain or my chiari malformation, so has told me in pain then need to go to A+E
- went to A+E…lovely doctor – obviously a LOCUM. couldn’t do anything as so many specialists had treated separate conditions and not looked at the overview, so I am left pretty much MAXED out on pain relief of all kinds….so there is nothing they can do for me!
- my friend – an elderly lady, waiting for life-saving but essential surgery has had her surgery knocked back a fourth time in a week!
- have my husband recording a drug sheet while i record a pain diary which i have no idea who cares about.
- i enquired if i were to make a private appointment in UK would my health insurance cover it…YES…and in UK waiting time for NHS is 4 weeks!
- friends son..Sam….tumour found 15 days ago but missed for months beforehand, was finally to start chemotherapy. 18 moths old…deferred due to bed cock up!
- did almost get next cardiology appointment made – but that man is a nerd – in the most positive way, he is interested, kind and wants to help!
- live 30 miles from pain clinic.
- live 85 miles from neurosurgery
- what a fecking waste of money
- MY MONEY AND YOURS…
- duty of care???
- don’t start me!