a year later….still applies
am GLAD i am Irish
and am glad am a Catholic – albeit extremely pic n mix
we have some FABULOUS traditions which i would HATE to underrate and ever undervalue.
my mammy died 4 weeks ago today.
i go to wakes…i can’t explain to people the VALUE of taking the few minutes and going to a wake.
i have encouraged my older adult-ish kids to go…as it is NEVER the wrong thing to do.
the wrong thing to do is to AVOID going!
at a wake:
- there is NO wrong thing to say
- tell a wee memory – a tiny wee story
- talk to some of the family
- let them talk and cry
- you don’t even have to go into the room with the remains.
- you don’t have to stay for ages…just as long as you are comfortable
- there is no dress-code
- there is no obligatory…
View original post 722 more words