when dignity goes you need your sense of humour and some ATTITUDE!
you don’t like my attitude?
i don’t like
- being disabled.
- legs working so poorly
- pain all the time
- fatigue you can not describe
- lack of communication between my brain and my body.
I also do not like the fact that my disability, is for life, is affecting me more and more as time passes.
It limits what I can do as a person.
- no cooking
- no cleaning
- VERY little walking
- LOTS of sleeping
- learning to develop a life of PREPARE – DO – RECOVER for even the mundane tasks.
- drugging up to the eyeballs to MANAGE at this level.
a long time of being ill forces a long period of being housebound.
- people know you won’t be able to go, so they rarely ask you
- friends move on with their busy lives and you feature less and less
- nobody really wants the honest answer to “are you ok?”
so i stay…
View original post 436 more words