If i was hard i would have let the scars of life experience create a protective shield for me.
it hurts to feel properly…but would rather never be hardened and immune.
- i’d not feel the looks behind my back.
- the missing comments
- the visitors i do not have
- the injustice that still overwhelms me
- the loss of people i loved.
- the pains that made me who i now am
but i would have to lose the DEPTH of my emotional range.
- my emotional expression
- the highs cannot be experienced if you do not know the lows.
- my musical interpretation would be less emotionally moving and more safe
- i would be less deep
- less open, exposed, passionate…less ME.