the half life
the “HALF-LIFE” was a nuclear chemistry issue, when i was a student, and a teacher.
the HALF-LIFE also had a role to play in the “aging” or dating of matter.
a modern and exciting scientific issue…of nuclear relevance.
now it is NOT about Carbon dating.
not about uranium…
i LIVE what can only be termed a “half-life”
not that i am disappearing at a parabolic Rate, BUT i seem to be merely “AWAKE” for what is about HALF of a LIFE.
there is a fairly normal path to follow on the life cycle of a human
In this category go people, in my OPINION only, who :
- have chronic neurological conditions
- have had brain injuries
- have had trauma or brain surgery.
THIS is the category where HALF LIFE exists for humans….or at least it DOES for me!
i have BRAIN FATIGUE.
- due to chiari malformation
- post meningitis
- acquired brain trauma
- … lots of reasons.
does it AFFECT me?
- i WAKEN – EVENTUALLY
- when i stand up my legs are exhausted
- when i “think” in detail i must REST.
- words tire me
- now and again i can DO something special.
- in my 18 months of post brain-surgery…i have had 2 EXCEPTIONS!
- one my 50th #lifestooshort party in November
- one recording choir for BBC in May
THIS is living a HALF LIFE
i can rest up, sleep it off, allow recovery days, BUT my BRAIN FATIGUE stops any semblance of normal life.
i live …the starting at lunchtime…sleeping during the day…every day…HALF-LIFE.
Can i change it?
Nobody can rewire a BRAIN!
Occasionally, some of your vis