I have learned the answer to
“how are you?”…is baffling.
- it’s NOT an invitation to a health summary
- it’s NOT that the person does not mean well by asking it.
- they aren’t rude if they leave mid-answer… thy may have to.
- but i am not sure, WHY, but it’s the wording of the question that put’s me under pressure.
- so i have learned to evaluate the circumstances
- see WHO is asking and the depth of an answer they want.
- and all they WANT, is to know you are WELL…a NOT WELL is a disappointment and it requires more time and detail.
- my older, wiser, been -through-shite-and-still-alive ME, has learned that the BEST-FIT answer for me, to “HOW ARE YOU?” is… “still ABOVE GROUND!”….and that fits all possible people and required information.
- in pain
- in emotional torture
- doped with medication.
- i am STILL alive…and i need to remember that
- and enjoy the small things a day brings me. ❤
“still ABOVE GROUND!” – means ALIVE – what MORE could we be?