my family… CRIPPLED by MY disability and it’s added extras. My disabled FAMILY
As a disabled person it isn’t adequate to adjust to your own limitations, because deny it you may but you are in effect a disability for the family to live with.
GUILT and should have, could have and if only are words i battled not to use so frequently but that was when life was “normal” – whatever that is.
- mam’s asleep
- dad does all the school runs
- an away day needs the planning of having a new baby in house
- which wheelchair
- which blanket?
- is the journey an option?
- could you sit there?
- what outerwear? – sleeves and wheels?
- where will mum sit?
- could you manage the time?
- is there a disabled parking where she can see the pitch?
- maybe mam would be better not going to today’s match as tomorrow we have a county match.
- check does that hotel have doors that will fit my scooter.
View original post 252 more words